The time has come to update my blogroll links again, so here are a few edits that I have made.
- I have been waiting far too long for Asher Sarlin to post new comic strips at Elephantitis of the Mind, over a year and a half – and I even sent him five bucks a year ago. His teaser for new comics was 4 months ago and nothing is up. First to go.
- My friend (and former station manager) Jeff’s blog has not been updated in a long time, so I’m removing it.
- I remain a big fan of SciFi author David Brin, however I have not been interested in very many of his posts on Contrary Brin lately, they are not often on science or scifi, so I’m removing it. Earth is still one of my all-time favorite books.
- The first to be added is an excellent blog by Daniel Brown, (Ph.D.), called Biochemical Soul. He is a neuroscientist and an excellent artist as well. Check out his blog header. And go here for the reason behind his blog name.
- Next, and I can’t believe I didn’t add his blog already because I read it frequently, is Respectful Insolence. Written by the somewhat-pseudonomous doctor, Orac, he is a master of medical skepticism, deftly defeating woo wonderfully. And there are the little details, too – like how his comments are written in the website code as “insolent responses,” like my posts are “Inoculations.” Orac also runs the Skeptic’s Circle blog carnival.
- Third, I have been reading Counterknowledge – and although the blog authors do not always talk about science, they’ve got a pretty good handle on skepticism. This post put them over the top – on the religious beliefs underlying Biodynamic Agriculture, also known as Anthroposophy – which have racist undertones that bear a striking similarity to the Mormons.
That is it for now – do you want to be added, do you know of an awesome science (or other) blog or web comic that I just have to add to my blogroll? Let me know in the comments.